Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Exciting News

A mission call was found in our mailbox this past Wednesday, September 3rd.   Sarah Elizabeth Hinck was called to serve in the Scotland/Ireland Mission.  She is to arrive at the England MTC on January 15th.  We are thrilled and excited for this next step of life for Sarah.  She will start school in a week allowing her to get one more semester accomplished before she leaves.

2014-09-05
As part of the mission call process, Sarah was asked to write a letter of acceptance to the Brethren in Salt Lake City.  The following is her letter:
Dear Brethren
I cannot express the joy and comfort I felt when I received my call to the Scotland/Ireland mission. I am ready and willing to commit my time and energy to serve the Lord and preach his gospel for the next year and a half. I promise that as I serve a mission, I will serve with all my mind, heart, and strength. Because my Savior, Jesus Christ, has done so much for me, this is my opportunity to thank him. Although serving a mission can only repay a small portion of my debt to him, I know that it will lead to many spiritual opportunities in my life that will draw me closer to Him. Since I graduated from high school, I have wanted to serve a mission. During my first year of college, the mission age was changed, and the idea of going on a mission became very real. I am the first child in my family to serve a mission. I want to set a good example for my younger brothers and sisters in hopes that someday they may choose to serve a mission as well. Although I do have fears, I am confident that with the Lord's help, my mission will be a success. Because I have seen Heavenly Father's love throughout my life, I know that he will be there to answer my prayers and guide me when I need help if I open up my heart to him. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Heavenly Father loves me unconditionally and wants me to be happy. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in the sacred grove. Here, the truthfulness of the Gospel was revealed and then restored. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. As I have had the opportunity to read and reread its words, I have felt the spirit strongly. I have prayed about its teachings and the Holy Ghost has confirmed to me that they are true. I am thankful for the restoration of the Priesthood and worthy Priesthood holders. Because of the Priesthood, I have seen many blessings throughout my life. I know that if I am faithful, I can have the companionship of the Holy Ghost at all times. He is available to me for guidance and comfort. I know that the Lord reveals his teaching to latter-day prophets, even Thomas S. Monson. I am thankful for the blessing of an eternal family and the knowledge that I have that there is life after death. Finally, I know that Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross for me. I know that because of the Atonement, I am able to repent and become clean again so that I may someday live with my Heavenly Father and family in the Celestial Kingdom.

Sister Sarah Hinck

No comments:

Post a Comment