Tuesday, September 16, 2014

post FHE

We gathered for family night last night.  We are studying a bit from "Preach My Gospel" to help us gain more understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We studied a section that focused on what Jesus Christ says about the Book of Mormon.  We learn that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ.   Bishop Hunt taught us Sunday that the Book of Mormon is the only tangible piece of evidence that can prove the truthfulness of the gospel.   Last night each of us chose a scripture that gives us truth, direction and hope.  Interestingly enough, Dave and I were sharing similar thoughts.  We each chose the same scripture.  It's found in 2nd Nephi 25:26.

 " 26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.  

As a parent, one of my greatest hopes is that I can teach my children where to turn in times of trouble and also in times of peace.  Jesus Christ is real and His example is what I look to as I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment