Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Post

I am entering the blogging world. Camille put together this blog for our family as part of a class requirement in her family history class. So I decided to begin taking advantage of her efforts.
It is Sunday in Rexburg. Quite a beautiful day I might add. As we walked home today from church, we enjoyed the whiteness of the new snow reflecting the bright sun on a clear, cloudless day. I do enjoy clean, untouched snow.
Today we invited Ariel and Kyle Loveland to our home for dinner. I met Ariel several years ago when she was referred by Bro. Ashton to use me as an accompanist. Since that time we have had a wonderful friendship. She is a lovely person who truly shows care and concern for those around her and lifts others through her warmth. She is also Catherine's violin teacher and has inspired Catherine to want to do her best as she learns the in's and out's of the violin.
Everyone helped with dinner prep. We had a tasty Sunday dinner. Dave and Catherine made chicken-cordon bleu. Kirsten and Spencer made trifle. Sarah chopped up a green salad. Dave and Matthew put together a rice dish and I made the rolls. We set out the china and the new place mats. It looked quite beautiful.
At church today, we attended choir at 8:00. Dave bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. I was thankful to hear him state his beliefs and convictions.
Because of our company, we are entering this week without much planning. Hopefully, it will work out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment