Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

Today I helped out in the LDS cannery in Idaho Falls. Five ward members along with others from the Rexburg North Stake converged at this location to put together chicken noodle soup. My job was to randomly weigh the vegetables before the broth and noodles were placed in the can so that the weight would stay close to their target. We spent about two hours doing our jobs and then the work was abruptly shut down. I believe because they ran out of noodles. I enjoyed myself. I think it is interesting to see the methods that put together foods assembled in cans. I also did a bit of shopping. Recently I have decided to buy our toilet paper in Idaho Falls. Walmart in Reburg doesn't carry the brand that we prefer so I travel to the Walmart in Idaho Falls. A thirty minute drive all for TP.
Camille says that she dyed her hair quite dark. We are all anxious to see.
I attended my Relief Society Presidency meeting tonight. I serve as the counselor over Relief Society meetings. My duties have changed a bit since Sis. Beck made some adjustments to the "Relief Society Meetings". Still trying to figure out what my jobs are. Our Relief Society President and the Bishop meet together to discuss the needs of the sisters and then come up with the meeting themes. Then I am supposed to jump in and take the reins, I think.
Our next meeting is a cruise with Noah, which will focus on Relief Society visiting teaching companionships.

No comments:

Post a Comment