Sunday, December 13, 2009

Family Letters - October 4th, 2009

Hi everyone,

Thought I would drop a note. It has been forever since I last wrote. Here in Rexburg, we are in the middle of potato harvest. The time off began on Friday and continues until they return to school next Monday. This year the district shortened the harvest by two days. Fewer students are working for the farmers. Many of the seasonal workers are adults. I would imagine because of the economic situation.

So during harvest, we are doing a few things. We began by watching our neighbors' three dogs. I think I have said before that this is no ordinary duty. These pets are like their family so we watch them as if they were children, except for the few hours they are kenneled. I promise we would not do that to any of our children. Tomorrow they are off to a dog hotel in Idaho Falls for the duration of our neighbor's vacation. We just had them for the weekend.

On Friday, Kirsten is getting her wisdom teeth removed by an oral surgeon in Idaho Falls. She is dreading this occasion. Don't blame her.

Sarah has a ganglion (sp.?) cyst on her wrist and will be having that removed a week from Thursday. She has been complaining of discomfort for a couple of years. But we just thought it was over use or something. Then a few weeks ago she high-fived someone and caused it to hurt much more. After a Dr.'s visit, the diagnosis was determined to be a cyst.

Most of my time will be spent at the sewing machine. I have four costumes to sew for the high school musical and two for the Nutcracker. I'm feeling lots of pressure.

Dave is planning to do some catch up around the house. Our yard is in need of his attention. The washing machine is on the blink as is the dishwasher. Lets just say he will not be wondering what to do. Maybe he will even get the living room painted.

I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I. We are thankful to have such timely counsel. It is a blessing that we can hear revelation from our Heavenly Father by just tuning into the tv, radio, or the internet.

Well, love to all of you.

Julie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment