Thursday, February 11, 2010

Teaching at BYU-I

On Wednesday, I teach piano lessons to 6 BYU-I students. This year I was asked to temporarily teach piano until they are able to hire a new university piano teacher. The school has been on a hiring freeze because of the economy. At first, I was hesitant to teach but it has turned out to be enjoyable. It is fun to teach on a little more advanced level. I also continue to accompany. This school year I have accompanied for 2 senior recitals and 3 concerto auditions. My favorite piece has been a violin sonata by Beethoven and accompanying the Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto.
Tonight I visited Jeanna and Roy Huff's home to welcome back Leif Sorensen from Iraq. He has been serving with the Idaho National Guard as a counselor. He returned after almost serving 1 year. Doreen is thrilled!
Tomorrow the kids celebrate Valentines Day at school. They prepared Valentine cards with treats attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment