Monday, February 8, 2010

Scripture Lesson

Tonight for FHE, Mindy and Gabe (her son)Davis visited our home to present a power point that she did in a recent stake young women fireside. Mindy is a dear friend who I became acquainted with when Camille won Jr. Miss. Mindy's daughter, Molly had won the year before. She took me under her wing and guided me through that next year. We have kept the connection going since that time. Her presentation taught us methods of marking our scriptures. It is inspiring to listen and learn from her. Mindy teaches a Book of Mormon class on campus at BYU-Idaho. We had a nice visit and learned a lot. We made cupcakes for our FHE treat.
Also, today I spent time at the college accompanying Sarah Clements and Heather Harrist, playing "the Lark Ascending" and Concerto in e minor by Mendellsohn. I assisted Bro. Ashton and Bro. Hansen. I do enjoy the challenge of accompanying. I taught 5 piano lessons and helped my own boys with their practicing.
Catherine had a nice honor at school. She was selected as student of the month in orchestra. I am happy that she is working hard.
Today, my mom called to inform me that my Uncle Boyd passed away in the night. Uncle Boyd is my dad's older brother. For many years, he hasn't been active in the church. Maybe not even a member, I'm not sure. He had lung cancer and was in his early eighties.
Well a bit more information for this blog. These posts will slowly update you of the happenings in the Hinck household.

No comments:

Post a Comment