Monday, May 18, 2020

Elder Hinck's Final E-mail

Knowing that he would be returning home shortly, Spencer sent the following e-mail that really sums up how much he loved his mission.

well... 

Que puedo decir??? Its a been a crazy couple of days here in mexico. First off. ON thursday they told us they we cant contact or talk to people in the streets. today they rold us that starting tomorrow we will be in quarantine, and sunday night they told us that all foreigners are going home and if you have 18 months or more in the mission youll be getting released as a missionary. So.... Ill be going home in about two weeks more or less. Its something hard to get over my head. I have no idea really if this will be my last email or night so i just want to tell you all how much i have loved the mission! When i came here I honestly didnt know what to think. There were so many things that i didnt know and that i had to learn. I just want to say i am so grateful for the opprotunity that i have had to serve the people of mexico. I love them with all my heart and it hurts me really to have to leave them so soon. But if theres anyhting that i know, is that the time of the lord is perfect and i know that if its time to go home, i must have finished my work here. the mission has changed me in so many ways that i cant write all of them. I have had so many challenges here. So many. but i wouldnt change them for anything because i know the lord gave me them to grow stronger and firm in the gospel. Im so grateful for the gospel of jesus christ. It isa the only path to happiness on this earth!!! I testfiy to you all, there is no other way that i would have wanted to spend 20 months of my life than serving a mission!!!!! Even though im very sad to leave this story here, im excited to start another one!!! Los amo a todos!!!!!!!
Elder Hinck 


P.S. Luis got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment